How do I create Expenses on Android?
FreshBooks makes it easy to keep track of your spending with Expenses. This is helpful if you are required to document business-related purchases for your business and for tax deductions.
You can create Expenses on Android with just a few quick steps:
- Once logged into your account, tap on the Expenses button at the bottom
- Tap on the + button at the bottom
- Add your Expense details - select a Category, date, Vendor, purpose (notes), Taxes, and the Grand Total
- Under the Settings section, you can also add these to your Expense:
- To mark the Expense as billable, tap on Mark as billable (this allows the Expense to appear on an Invoice) and swipe to enable
- If you'd like to change the currency of the Expense, tap on Currency, then select the new currency
- To associate the Expense with Client costs, tap on Mark as Cost of Goods Sold and swipe to enable
- When you're done with the Expense, click Save at the top.
If you want to attach a receipt to your expense, check out this article.
Expense Categories and Subcategories
The categories available in FreshBooks are the ones commonly found on tax forms for claiming your business Expenses. FreshBooks also makes it easy for you to create your own custom Subcategories if a specific one isn't available.
The full list of default Categories and Subcategories can be found here.
If you need to create your own custom Subcategory, you'll need to use a web browser on your phone to create one with the steps here.