What is a Time Entry Details Report?
The Time Entry Details Report gives you a detailed overview of all time entries you have created in a time period. This also includes your team's time entries - both Employees and Contractors. You're able to customize this to show you a particular range of time entries, along with their notes, using the optional filters.
You can run a Time Entry Details Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Time Entry Details under Time Tracking Reports.
To adjust your view of the Time Entry Details Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from This Month, Last Month, This Week, Last Week, or Custom to enter a specific date range
- Group By - You can choose to organize the entries by Team Member, Client, Project, Service or Week
- Limit To:
- Clients - Choose between Internal, All Clients, or a specific Client
- Project - Filter to a specific Project if needed
- Team Members - Choose between All Team Members or a specific Team Member
- Hours / Statuses - Choose whether you want to see All Hours / Statuses, or Billed, Unbilled or Non-Billable time entries
- Currency - Toggle between All Currencies or by a specific Currency
- Amount - Check off or uncheck the box next to Show dollar amounts to reveal or hide the Cost and Amount columns on the Report (available for those who have Project Profitability for now)
Choose which columns to show on the Time Entry Details Report by clicking on Customize Report under Settings. From there you can show or hide the following columns:
- Billable Rate - The Billing Method's Rate for the specific Time Entry (or Project if associated to one)
- Total Billable - Determined by multiplying the Billable Rate with the total time tracked
- Cost Rate - The Cost Rate for the specific Team Member who tracked the time
- Total Cost - Determined by multiplying the Cost Rate with the total time tracked
- The currency of your Amounts on the report are based on what's selected in My Company's Base Currency
- The Amount of the time entry is calculated depending on the Status:
- Billed - The rate is calculated from the Invoice
- Unbilled - The rate is calculated from either the Team Member or Project Rate
- All Time Entries logged under 30 seconds are rounded down and any over 30 seconds are rounded up to the nearest minute; to see exact time logged up to 4 decimal places, export the Time Entry Details Report as a CSV instead
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.