What Is a Time Entry Details Report?
The Time Entry Details Report gives you a detailed overview of all time entries you have created in a time period. This also includes your team's time entries. You're able to customize this to show you a particular range of time entries, along with their notes, using the optional filters.
You can run a Time Entry Details Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Time Entry Details under Time Tracking Reports.
To adjust your view of the Time Entry Details Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from This Month, Last Month, This Week, Last Week, or Custom to enter a specific date range
- Group By - You can choose to organize the entries by Team Member, Client, Project, Service or Week
- Limit To:
- Clients - Choose between Internal, All Clients, or a specific Client
- Project - Filter to a specific Project if needed
- Team Members - Choose between All Team Members or a specific Team Member
- Hours / Statuses - Choose whether you want to see All Hours / Statuses, or Billed, Unbilled or Non-Billable time entries
- Currency - Toggle between All Currencies or by a specific Currency
Choose which columns to show on the Time Entry Details Report by clicking on Customize Report under Settings. From there you can show or hide the following columns:
- Billable Rate - The Billing Method's Rate for the specific Time Entry (or Project if associated to one)
- Total Billable - Determined by multiplying the Billable Rate with the total time tracked
- Cost Rate - The Cost Rate for the specific Team Member who tracked the time
- Total Cost - Determined by multiplying the Cost Rate with the total time tracked
- The currency of your Amounts on the report are based on what's selected in My Company's Base Currency
- The Amount of the time entry is calculated depending on the Status:
- Billed - The rate is calculated from the Invoice
- Unbilled - The rate is calculated from either the Team Member or Project Rate
- All Time Entries logged under 30 seconds are rounded down and any over 30 seconds are rounded up to the nearest minute; to see exact time logged up to 4 decimal places, export the Time Entry Details Report as a CSV instead
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.