As a Client, how do I pay my Invoices automatically?
As a Client, if you're being billed for subscription-based services or products by a Business Owner, you can easily save your payment details so that you're automatically billed each time you're invoiced.
You can also remove your saved payment information if you want to opt out of Recurring Payments at any time. Read below on how to save, update and remove your payment information.
Save Your Payment Information
- Open the Invoice from the email that was sent to you and click on the View Invoice button
- Under the Recurring Payment section, leave the toggle enabled on if you want to automatically have all future recurring Invoices paid automatically
- Depending on what options are available on the Invoice, you can choose to either opt in with a Credit Card, a Bank Transfer (ACH) account, or with a PayPal account
- Enter the payment details as needed
- For Credit Cards or Bank Transfers (ACH), check off the box next to Save this credit card or Save this bank account to save your payment details for re-use on any future Invoices
- Click on the Pay $xx.xx button
- A confirmation page will appear and the payment will start processing.
Update Your Payment Information
- Open any Invoice that you received in the past from your email, or log into your Client account if you've been saving your Invoices in FreshBooks
- On the Invoice that is automatically billing you - any saved payment information will appear here
- Click on the Update Credit Card, Update Bank Account, or Update PayPal Account link
- Re-enter or select your new payment information and click on Save Card, Authorize Account or Done
- Your new details will be saved for future Recurring Payments
Remove Your Payment Information
- Open any invoice that you received in the past from your email, or log into your Client account if you've been saving your Invoices in FreshBooks
- On the Invoice that is automatically billing you, any saved payment information will appear here. Hover over the Credit Card, Bank Account, or PayPal Account until you see a trash can icon appear next to it
- Click on the trash can icon
- Click on Remove Credit Card, Remove Bank Account, or Remove PayPal Account to confirm
- The Recurring Invoice will no longer automatically bill you again and will need to be paid manually each time by you now. If you've saved the card or bank account to your account, you'll still be able to use it to pay off new Invoices.
If you ever have any concerns about the safety of your payment information, you can review FreshBooks' Security and Reliability Safeguards here.