How do I accept credit cards on Android?
Accepting credit cards from your Android device is easy, fast, and secure!
Receiving payments online by credit card can be done through one of our payment gateway providers: FreshBooks Payments or Stripe.
Setting Up Credit Card Payments
You can accept credit cards on Android with just a few quick steps:
- Once logged in, tap on Invoices at the bottom
- Tap on an existing Invoice to edit, or tap on the + symbol (in the bottom corner) to make a new Invoice
- After you've created/edited your Invoice as usual, scroll all the way down to the bottom
- At the bottom, under Settings, tap on Accept Credit Cards
- You'll be taken to a pop-up - swipe to turn blue, which enables Accept Credit Cards, and check off the payment gateway of your choice (if you have both set up)
- Tap on the back arrow to go back to the Invoice - Accept Credit Cards should now say YES next to it
- Click Save to finish and continue with saving/sending your Invoice.
What happens if I haven't connected a payment gateway yet?
Flipping the toggle creates a new FreshBooks Payments account. You can send and accept online payments but must complete the registration process to receive funds in your bank account. You'll receive an email with instructions.
What happens if I already have a payment gateway connected?
Flipping the toggle enables online payments for that invoice and reveals a Pay Online button on the invoice your client receives.
What about connecting Stripe?
Connecting a Stripe account can only be done on the web, not on mobile. Once you connect Stripe, however, the toggle activates Stripe.