How do Client Accounts work?
As a Client, you can always pay Invoices, view and print Invoices, Estimates and Proposals with the link provided, without needing to sign up for an account.
A Client Account is useful for primary Clients, where you can save, view and comment on your Invoices, Estimates and Proposals, as well as collaborate on any Projects you've been invited to. You can also use your Client Account to save your payment information safely, making it easy to pay future Invoices. If you work with other people who also need access, you can invite them to your Client Account as Employees.
If you create your own Invoice, Estimate, Project or add a new Business, your account will upgrade to a full FreshBooks account instead.
- Access your Client Account
- Comment on Invoices, Estimates & Proposals
- Team Members
Access your Client Account
If you haven't created a Client Account yet (for Primary Clients only), you can start with these steps:
- Open the Invoice, Estimate, or Proposal that you received, and view it online
- Click on Create an account to view all invoices / estimates / proposals from [Company]
- In the pop-up, add a Password in the Create a Password field
- If the pop-up says Enter Password, you have an existing Client Account that you can log into instead, click on Forgot Your Password? to reset it if you don't remember it
- Click Create an Account and then you'll be taken to your newly created Client Account.
If you received an email inviting you to a Project instead, click on the button inside the email. You'll then be asked to create a password and fill out a little bit of information about yourself. Your Client Account will then be created.
To log into your Client Account, use either option below:
- Go to my.freshbooks.com and log in with your Email and Password
- Open any existing Invoice/Estimate/Proposal and click on the Log in to view all invoices / estimates / proposals from [Company], then in the pop-up, enter your Email and Password
Note: If you're looking to close your Client Account, you'll need to create an Invoice, Estimate, or Project first. This will convert your Client Account into a regular FreshBooks account. From there, you can cancel with the steps here. Keep in mind that you'll lose access to all your saved Invoices, Estimates, Proposals, and Project discussions once you cancel.
Comment on Invoices, Estimates & Proposals
You can send comments and notes back to the person/business you received. Just use these steps:
- Open the Invoice, Estimate or Proposal
- Click on the text bubble button at the top of the Invoice, Estimate or Proposal
- Type in your comment
- Then when you're done, press the Send button. The person who sent you the Invoice/Estimate/Proposal will receive an email with your comment automatically.
Note: You do not need to create a Client Account to see an Invoice, Estimate or Proposal, to print or save as a PDF as long as you have the link.
Pay Outstanding Invoices in Bulk
With your Client Account, you can pay multiple outstanding Invoices at once with your payment information using the below steps:
- On any Invoice you’ve received by email, click on the x other outstanding invoices link at the top
- If you have an existing Client Account, enter your password and click Log In
- Or if you have not created a Client Account yet, add a password and click Get Started
- In your Client Account, click on the Pay Outstanding Invoices at the top of the list of your Invoices in the Invoices section
- Continue paying with the steps outlined here and all your selected outstanding Invoices will be paid simultaneously.
Save Payment Information
You can use your Client Account to save any credit cards and Bank Transfer details for re-use on any new Invoice that comes in. Click here to read the full steps. Once the payment details are saved, you can re-use it anytime you pay another Invoice. You'll be prompted to log into your Client Account first in order to use the saved information to pay the Invoice.
A Client Account allows you to collaborate with others on any Project you've been invited to. You can access this by clicking on the Project section in your account to view the discuss area anytime.
Here's what you can share inside a Project:
- Files (images, gifs, PDFs, documents, spreadsheets)
The size limit for files is 50 MB per file.
If you work with other people who also need access to your received Invoices and Estimates/Proposals only, you can also invite them as an Employee into your Client Account. Use the below steps:
- In your Client Account, click on My Team
- Click on the Invite... button and select Employee
- Enter the email address in the To: field, and add a personal message if needed
- Click Send Invitation. Your contact will receive an email with instructions to set up a login with your Client Account.