How do Client accounts work?
As a Client, you can always view and print Estimates, Invoices and Proposals with the link provided (without signing up).
A Client account allows you to save, view and comment on your Invoices, Estimates and Proposals, as well as collaborate on any Projects you've been invited to. You can also use your Client account to save your credit card information safely, making it easy to pay future Invoices.
If you create your own Invoice, Estimate, Project or add a new Business, your account will upgrade to a full FreshBooks account instead.
Create a Client Account
To create your Client Account, use the below steps:
- Open the Invoice, Estimate, or Proposal that you received, and view it online
- Click on either:
- The Save this Invoice/Estimate/Proposal button
- The Log in to view all invoices/estimates/proposals link
- Create a password in the pop-up
- Click on the Save this Invoice/Estimate/Proposal button
- You'll then be taken to your newly created Client account.
If you received an email inviting you to a Project instead, click on the button inside the email. You'll then be asked to create a password and fill out a little bit information about yourself. Your Client account will then be created.
Note: If you're looking to close your client account, you'll need to create an Invoice, Estimate, or Project first. This will convert your Client Account into a regular FreshBooks account. From there, you can cancel with the steps here. Keep in mind that you'll lose access to all your saved Invoices, Estimates, Proposals, and Project discussions once you cancel.
Comment on Invoices, Estimates & Proposals
You can send comments and notes back to the person/business you received. Just use these steps:
- Open the Invoice, Estimate or Proposal
- Click on the text bubble at the top of the Invoice, Estimate or Proposal
- Type in your comment
- Then when you're done, press the Send button. The person who sent you the Invoice/Estimate/Proposal will receive an email with your comment automatically.
Note: You do not need to create a Client account to see an Invoice, Estimate or Proposal, to print or save as a PDF as long as you have the link.
Save Credit Cards
You can use your Client account to save any credit cards for re-use on any new Invoice that comes in. Click here to read the full steps. Once the payment details are saved, you can re-use it anytime you pay another Invoice. You'll be prompted to log into your Client Account first in order to use the saved card to pay the Invoice.
A Client account allows you to collaborate with others on any Project you've been invited to. You can access this by clicking on the Project section in your account to view the discuss area anytime.
Here's what you can share inside a Project:
- Files (images, gifs, PDFs, documents, spreadsheets)
The size limit for files is 50 MB per file.