If you have a new address, or a new credit card, you can update it inside your FreshBooks account. This ensures there's no disruption to your account when your next payment is due (or renewed) so you always have access.
You can update your credit card or your address with these steps:
- Click on the circle icon in the top left corner (it'll either be a photo or your initials)
- Click on Billing and Upgrade
- Click on Update your payment details at the bottom
- Enter your new credit card if needed
- Click Change next to Billing Address to update if needed
- Click Save to finish.
Why are my updated credit card details not saving?
Below are some common issues with new credit card details not saving:
- The credit card must be one of the accepted types (Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Discover) and is not a prepaid or debit credit card
- Make sure the address matches your credit card's billing address
- Ensure there are no unsupported characters in your address (like / and - )
- The expiration date should be written as MM/YY
If all the above isn't working, check with your bank, particularly if you are located outside of Canada. Some banks may require you to authorize FreshBooks to charge your credit card on a recurring basis since FreshBooks is located in Canada.
How do I reactivate my account with my updated credit card?
If your account was cancelled and you're looking to reactivate it, just log into your account at my.freshbooks.com, and you'll be asked to fill in your credit card details. Click Save and your account will be reactivated once all outstanding payments are processed.