How do I update my billing information?
If you have a new address, or a new credit card, you can update it inside your FreshBooks account. This ensures there's no disruption to your account when your next payment is due (or renewed) so you always have access.
You can update your credit card with this link or your address with these steps:
- On a web browser in your account, click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Click on Billing and Upgrade
- Click on Update Payment Details under Payment Details on the right, or click directly here
- Enter your new credit card if needed (note that expiration date is MM/YY only)
- Click Change next to Billing Address to update if needed
- Click Save to finish.
Why are my updated credit card details not saving?
Below are some common issues with new credit card details not saving:
- The expiration date should be written as MM/YY
- The credit card must be one of the accepted types (Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Discover) and is not a prepaid or debit credit card
- Make sure the address matches your credit card's billing address (no spelling errors)
- Ensure there are no unsupported characters in your address (like / and - )
- Your browser may not be supported - for best results use Chrome or update your browser to the latest versions here
If all the above isn't working, check with your bank, particularly if you are located outside of Canada. Some banks may require you to authorize FreshBooks to charge your credit card on a recurring basis since FreshBooks is located in Canada.
How do I reactivate my account with my updated credit card?
Whether you've cancelled your account or you're behind on your payments, you can reactivate your account with these steps below.
- Log in at my.freshbooks.com
- Enter in your credit card details
- Click Save. Your account will be reactivated and all outstanding payments (if there are any) will be retried as well.