Try FreshBooks Payments for free and get a chance to win your FreshBooks subscription for a year!
- Receive a payment through FreshBooks Payments between Nov 14, 2017 and December 31, 2017 and you will be entered to win your subscription free for a year
- Limit of one entry per account
- Your transaction fees will be waived during the contest period, up to a total limit of $3000 worth of total payments received through FreshBooks Payments
- The winner will be announced in January 2018 and will be contacted by email
How do I enter the contest?
You are automatically entered to win when you set up your FreshBooks Payments account and receive one complete transaction from one of your Clients. There is nothing else you need to do! See full contest rules below for alternate methods of entry.
How do I set up my FreshBooks Payments account?
All you have to do is enable FreshBooks Payments on your Invoices with the steps here. It only takes a few minutes. You'll also want to ensure you have turned on the Accept Credit Cards setting on your Invoice afterwards as well.
I've never used online payments before, how do I make sure I get my money?
To make your life easier, your FreshBooks account is pre-provisioned for you to quickly accept credit card payments. However, to receive those payments you will need to complete the final step of connecting your bank account (so FreshBooks knows where you want your money to be sent).
Just follow the steps to verify your account in this article here. Once you start accepting payments you’ll also be able to track your payments and withdrawals in your WePay dashboard.
Will I be charged transaction fees?
There is no monthly or set up fee to use FreshBooks Payments. Your transaction fees are free during the contest time period (Nov 14-Dec 31, 2017) up to a maximum of $3000 USD total payments received. Once the maximum is reached, transaction fees (2.9% + $0.30 for most cards) will then apply to any additional payments afterwards.
What happens if I win?
If you've successfully entered the contest and are the potential winner, you will be contacted by a FreshBooks representative in January 2018 by email. If we're unable to get in touch with you within 2 days, your win is automatically forfeited.
I’ve changed my mind and I no longer want to use FreshBooks Payments. How can I turn it off?
To stop using the free transactions promotion, you will just need to disable FreshBooks Payments on the invoices you send out. Just edit the Invoice, click Accept Credit Cards and ensure it's set to NO.
If you change your mind before the promotion expires, you can always re-enable FreshBooks Payments on some or all of your Invoices at any time.
What happens if I have a problem with my account or payment?
If you have any questions about the contest, payments process or have an issue with your account or a specific payment, reach out to our awesome Support team by submitting a request or calling us at 1-866-303-6061. This won’t affect your contest entry.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The FreshBooks Payment Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is governed by these Official Rules, Terms and Conditions (collectively, the “Official Rules”). The words “you,” “your,” and “entrant” as used herein refer to the natural person entering the Promotion or the natural person entering the Promotion on behalf of their company or organization (if applicable). The Promotion is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial, state, district, and local laws and regulations.
- Eligibility. The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) and the United States of America and the District of Columbia (excluding all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations), who are over the legal age of majority in their state, district, province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
The Promotion is open only to current FreshBooks customers who receive an invitation to participate directly from FreshBooks (the “Invitation”), either via email or pop-up notice upon FreshBooks service log-in. An Invitation will be sent to customers who qualify to use the Freshbooks FBPay service but do not use the FBPay service.
You are not eligible to enter the Promotion if you are: (a) an employee, officer, director, agent, representative or a mandatary of the Sponsor (as defined below), any of its corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies; (b) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners, wherever they live) of an employee, officer, director, agent, representative or mandatary of the Sponsor; or (c) anyone who is domiciled in the household, whether related or not, of any employee, officer, director, agent, representative or mandatary of the Sponsor.
- Sponsor. The Promotion is sponsored by 2NDSITE, Inc. operating as FreshBooks, Suite 250, 1655 Dupont St., Toronto, Ontario M6P 3T1, Canada (the “Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules. By setting up your FBPay account in response to your receipt of an Invitation, you fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (which are final and binding) on both your own behalf and that of your company or organization (if applicable), and you represent and warrant that you have the authority to agree to these Official Rules on behalf of your company or organization (if applicable). Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- Entry Period. The Promotion begins on November 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter. To receive one (1) entry, you must use the FBPay service to receive one (1) payment in full from a customer or client during the Entry Period (the “Eligible Payment”). Transaction fees associated with the FBPay service will be waived during the Entry Period for transactions of up to a total amount of $3,000 USD.
Limit. one (1) entry per entrant (this means only one entry per company or organization, as applicable). You may use the FBPay service to receive as many payments as you like during the Entry Period, but you will only receive an entry for the first Eligible Payment.
Any attempt by any entrant to submit more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of the entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion.
- Drawing. On January 15, 2018 at 10:00AM ET, Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received before the end of the Entry Period (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed the winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Official Rules. The Selected Entrant will be notified by email within 14 business days of the draw. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempt to contact him/her, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place.
- Requirements of Potential Winner. If Selected Entrant is a resident of Canada, he/she must correctly answer, without assistance, a timed mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible to receive the prize. Except where prohibited, Selected Entrant must complete and return an affidavit/release of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) business days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Selected Entrant is ineligible, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, business or organization name, picture, likeness, and address (city and province or state) for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, without further notice or compensation.
- Prize. One (1) winner will receive a one-year subscription to the FBPay service. Approximate retail value: $300 USD, based on a $25/month plan. The actual value of the prize will depend on the winner’s existing plan. The prize includes only the base subscription fee; it does not include any add-on features, which are the sole responsibility of the winner. In addition, all federal, provincial, territorial, state, district, and local taxes and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Sponsor’s related companies, and each such company’s respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, suit, claim, cause of action, or damage (“Claims”) arising out of or related to, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, your participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) Claims arising from any breach or alleged breach by you of these Official Rules; (b) Claims arising from unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (c) Claims arising from technical or printing errors; (d) Claims arising from lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (e) Claims arising from errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (f) Claims arising from injury, death, or damage to persons or property; or (g) Claims based on defamation or on the rights of publicity or privacy. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the actual out-of-pocket costs associated with participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees, legal fees, or expenses of any kind. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, by entering the Promotion, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the province of Ontario. All issues and questions concerning these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsor’s rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- General Conditions. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, and/or cancel the Promotion and, if feasible, select potential winners from among eligible, salvageable, and non-suspect entries received on or before the termination date for any reason whatsoever, including in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason,. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Promotion. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- Results. For the results, check this contest page after January 31, 2018.