How does the Zapier integration work?
Zapier is an integration tool that allows you to connect apps you use every day to automate tasks and save time, especially with FreshBooks. You can connect any of Zapier's 750+ integrated apps together to make your own automations, without writing any code.
Each automation (called a Zap) has one app as the Trigger, where your information comes from and which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets automatically.
To set up Zapier with your FreshBooks account, use these steps:
- Sign up for Zapier here
- You can either click on the Make a Zap! button to get started right away, or type in FreshBooks New in the search box for Zap suggestions
- While searching, look up any other apps that you may also use (like Slack, Google Sheets, QuickBooks or MailChimp for example)
- Choose your preferred Popular Zap
- Whether you make a new Zap or use a Popular Zap, you'll then be asked to connect your FreshBooks account
- Enter your login credentials and click on the Log in button (no API keys needed)
- Then click on the Allow access button to grant permission for Zapier to access your FreshBooks account
- Your account is now connected and you can continue with the rest of the Zap setup.
Supported FreshBooks Triggers & Actions
With the FreshBooks and Zapier integration, you can connect FreshBooks with hundreds of different apps, and the possibilities are endless. Some suggested Zaps include:
- Create QuickBooks Invoices when new FreshBooks Invoices are created
- Receive Slack messages about new payments in FreshBooks
- Add new contacts to Salesforce or Google Contacts when new FreshBooks Clients are created
- Create Clients in FreshBooks from MailChimp Contacts
- Create Invoices in FreshBooks when an order is received from Amazon Seller Central
For a list of up to date supported Triggers and Actions in FreshBooks, you can check out Zapier's page here.
You can also see Popular Zaps for FreshBooks here.