Support is free and available by phone and by email during our office hours. Self-serve support is available globally and 24/7 through our help centre here and through our chatbot, FreshBot.
To call or email our support team, use FreshBot to get a region-specific phone number or to submit a ticket. Our office hours are located here.
If you have an active FreshBooks account:
If your FreshBooks account is active, use the below step to reach our support team:
- If you’re logged into your FreshBooks account, access the FreshBooks support page here
- Otherwise, log into your account at my.freshbooks.com
- If you're on a mobile browser, select the 3 stacked lines first
- Then select the ? icon
- For Email Support, select Ask Us
- Enter in “contact support”
- Follow FreshBot’s instructions to submit an email
- For Phone Support, scroll down to the bottom of the page to view your region-specific phone number
- Select Show Support Key (or use SHIFT + K as the keyboard shortcut). You’ll need to provide this over the phone to verify your identity.
For other users:
If you can’t log into your FreshBooks account, or you don’t have a FreshBooks account yet, use these steps to reach our support team:
- Select Get Help in the top corner of the help centre
- Try asking FreshBot your question if it can be answered instead
- Otherwise enter “contact support”
- Follow FreshBot’s instructions for a region-specific phone number or to submit an email.
Our support chatbot FreshBot is available 24/7 and uses machine learning (AI) to match your question with an answer. Answers are written and updated by FreshBooks support to ensure they are accurate and helpful. FreshBot can give you quick and concise answers, and direct you to helpful FAQ articles in our help centre for more in-depth information.
Tips for using FreshBot
- Use short phrases
- For example, try “subscription receipt” instead of “where can I get a copy of my receipt?”
- Ask one question at a time
- For example, try “how do I delete an invoice?” instead of “how do I delete an invoice and do a refund?”
- Try different ways of asking your question, using different words
- Select any suggestions to view the answers for them or for next steps
- When prompted, sign into your FreshBooks account for answers specific to your business and role
- If you need to talk to a Support Specialist, enter in “contact support”
We’re always working to improve FreshBot. Rating and submitting feedback at the end of every conversation that you have helps us make the necessary improvements so that FreshBot can continue to be effective.
The FreshBooks help centre is full of detailed information on how to use your FreshBooks account with step-by-step instructions. Use the search if you have a specific question, or browse to learn about FreshBooks and its features. The help centre is updated with the latest updates and improvements on a regular basis to help you find what you need. If you have any feedback for the help centre, please pass it along by contacting Support directly.
Searching is the quickest way to find information on a specific topic or the answer to a specific question.
- When using the search, use short and simple keywords like “send invoice” instead of “I really need a way to send multiple invoices”
- Use keywords that appear in FreshBooks, like “recurring payments” instead of “auto payments” for better results
- Articles related to your search will appear even if the keywords you use aren’t in the title
Browse by feature area if you aren’t sure where to start. Articles are organized based on the navigation inside your FreshBooks account.
- Select any category to view all sections and articles under that category
- Some sections may have more articles that are hidden from the view, select View All to view more articles