Invoices allow you to bill for products and/or services to your clients, but they are also a reflection of your business. FreshBooks has some great Invoice customization options available to you, so you're able to create Invoices both you and your Clients love.
There are two main sections inside an Invoice that you can customize - the Invoice Style and Currency & Language. To access either section, do the following:
- Head to the Invoices section
- Click on New Invoice in the top right
- On the right of your Invoice you'll see Settings.
Both sections are explained in-depth below:
There are a few things you're able to customize:
- Template - we have two templates to choose from, Simple and Modern.
The Simple template looks more like the standard Invoices you're familiar with (albeit much more beautiful!), while the Modern style includes a colored banner at the top of the Invoice and space for a large image or logo.
For more information on how to upload a logo or what the size limits are, check this article here.
Here's a comparison (Simple on the left, Modern on the right):
- Theme Color - this will change the colour of the headings on the Invoice (such as Billed To, Date of Issue, Description etc), as well as the top banner on the Modern template.
- Font - We currently have Helvetica (Modern) and Garamond (Classic) available to choose from.
Once you've customized your Invoice the way you want it to look, remember to click the green Done button to confirm the changes.
Currency & Language
When you've selected a client, you will see Currency & Language appear on the right side. Click on it and you have the option to change the language and currency:
Once you've changed your language and currency, remember to click the green Done button to confirm the changes.