FreshBooks makes it easy for you to pay your Invoices with a credit card. You can also save your credit card(s) in your account, making it easier and quicker to pay new Invoices as they come in.
Note: As a Client, are you looking to have your Recurring Invoices paid automatically instead? You can learn more about Recurring Payments here.
Pay an Invoice
When you receive an Invoice from FreshBooks, you can use these steps to pay it online (if credit card payments have been enabled by the Business):
- Open the Invoice from the email that was sent to you
- Click on the View and Pay Invoice link in the email
- Click on the the Pay Now button at the top
- Enter your credit card details
Save your Payment Information
To save your credit card for re-use on any new Invoice that comes in, simply pay the Invoice with the steps above, and also do the following:
- Check off the box next to Save this card for future payments to (Business Name)
- Then Click on the Pay $xx.xx button
A confirmation screen will appear, and if you haven’t created a Client account yet, you’ll be prompted to enter a password to create one. This securely saves your credit card to your account to use for next time.
Note: You can also repeat the above steps to save additional credit cards.
Once the payment details are saved, re-using it is as simple as selecting it next time you want to pay another Invoice:
Remove your Payment Information
If your payment details need to be updated, or you'd like to remove it, use these steps:
- Log into your Client account at my.freshbooks.com
- Open an unpaid Invoice
- Click on the Pay Now button
- Any saved credit cards will appear here. Hover over the credit card until you see a trash can icon appear next to it
- Click on the trash can icon
- Click on Remove Credit Card to confirm. To add updated credit card details, repeat the steps in the Save your Payment Information section above to save it.