The Accounts Aging Report will show you which Clients are taking a long time to pay their Invoices by pulling all Outstanding and Overdue Invoices in one place for you to review. You can run an Accounts Aging Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Accounts Aging under Payments Reports.
To adjust your view of the Accounts Aging Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- As Of - Choose between Today (all links are clickable), End of Last Month, End of Last Quarter, End of Last Year or Custom to enter a specific date range (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
- Group By - Choose between Outstanding (past the Invoice Issue Date) or Overdue (past the Due Date) Invoices
- Currency - Toggle between multiple currencies, only one currency can be viewed at a time
Click on either the Client or Total headers at the top of the report to sort the data in ascending or descending order by that particular header. Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.
- Invoices are grouped by Outstanding (past the Invoice Issue Date) or by Overdue (past the Due Date) into intervals of 0-30 Days, 31-60 Days, 61-90 Days, and 90+ Days
- Links to Invoices are only available when viewing with As Of - Today, changing the As Of to a date in the past or future will remove links to invoices
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.
Why is there an amount showing in one of the intervals but when I click on it, the list is blank or the invoice is missing from the results?
This is likely because the Invoice has a payment dated in the future. Future-dated payments will continue to show up on this report until the date of the payment has passed. To find this future-paid Invoice, either:
- On the list of results, adjust the Advanced Search filters by changing the Date Range to the future date of your payment, and remove Outstanding or Overdue from the Invoice Status field. Click Apply and your future-dated paid Invoice should appear
- Or go to the Payments section and click on the Payment Date header to sort your list of payments in descending order to find your future-dated payment