What is an Accounts Aging Report?
The Accounts Aging Report will show you which Clients are taking a long time to pay their Invoices.
You can run an Accounts Aging Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Accounts Aging under Payments Reports.
The Report is broken up by intervals: 0-30 Days, 31-60 Days, 61-90 Days, and 90+ Days. This makes it really easy for you to quickly see who you need to chase down.
The information on this Report is dependent on the due date on your Invoice(s). If an Invoice was sent on April 1st, with a due date of May 1st, and today is May 18th, that would be included in the 0-30 Days column.
There are a few things you’re able to change when running the Accounts Aging Report:
- Click on the Client or Total headers at the top of the report to sort your data in ascending or descending order by that particular header
- Click on the drop down next to the Report title, and you'll see some filters:
- As Of - You're able to take a peek at your Accounts Aging at any point in time, so you can see what was owed to you on a previous date
- Currency - If you've sent Invoices in multiple currencies, use this to run the Report in your desired currency
Note: Links to Invoices are only available when viewing the Accounts Aging Report As Of - Today. Changing the As Of to a date in the past or future will remove links to invoices.
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export your Report to Excel, or Print your Report.