The FreshBooks integration with Google's G Suite has three features which include single sign-on, invoicing Google contacts and previewing Client emails.
To benefit from the FreshBooks integration you'll need to go to the Google Marketplace and add FreshBooks as an app to your G Suite Account. Note that you'll need to sign into your G Suite account to complete this connection.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Once that FreshBooks app as been added to your G Suite account, you can now use SSO (Single Sign-On) to log in to your FreshBooks account directly from the G Suite console.
Invoice Google Contacts:
- When creating a New Invoice and selecting a Client, all FreshBooks Clients and Google Contacts will appear from the dropdown menu. You can now Invoice Google Contacts in FreshBooks
- Once you've invoiced a Google Contact in FreshBooks they will be automatically added as a Client. Please note that this only applies to Google Contacts that have been invoiced, the integration will not automatically synchronize Contacts and Clients between the two apps
Preview Client Emails:
- Under the Client Profile, you'll notice the Relationship feed which displays records of activity relating to your client
- The G Suite integration will pull emails from your Gmail account and enable you preview them within the Relationship Feed
- Emails can be expanded to see more details (email thread)
- Users with the integration can also respond by clicking the Reply link. This will redirect you to your Gmail account and allow you to respond to the thread
How do I connect my G Suite account to FreshBooks?
- The most common issue here is that your G Suite email address does not match the one we have for your FreshBooks account. Make sure that both accounts share the same primary email address. Please note this isn't necessary for those who have purchased G Suite from FreshBooks
- If this is the case and it still will not connect, verify that you installed the right app FreshBooks - Cloud Accounting for Small Business Owners
- If it still doesn't work, contact Support at 1-866-303-6061.
When I go to my FreshBooks account outside of G Suite, I can't sign in (no password):
This happens if you've created a FreshBooks account through G Suite. One of the consequences of this quick sign up process is that no password is ever created. To fix this:
- You will need to access FreshBooks through your G Suite account to login
- Once logged in, go to your photo/initials in the top left corner
- Click on My Profile
- Then set set up a password (setting up your account with a new password does not affect your current login with G Suite).
How do I move to a different G Suite Account?
- Disconnect FreshBooks from My Profile and make sure that this app no longer appears as installed on your old G Suite account (you can see this on the dashboard)
- After all is cleared, re-install the FreshBooks app from your new G Suite account. You'll need to make sure that your G Suite email matches your FreshBooks account email, and you choose already have a FreshBooks account.
- The G Suite integration can be disconnected by going to your photo/initials in the top left corner, then click on My Profile in FreshBooks
- When Disconnect is selected, you will be asked to enter in a New Password and Confirm the New Password to disconnect the integration.
If you'd also like to uninstall the app from your G Suite account:
- Go to your Admin panel inside your Google account here
- Once logged into the admin console, click on Marketplace Apps (icon)
- Click on FreshBooks
- On the top right corner of this next page, click on the garbage can icon to remove.
You can check out the G Suite integration here as well.