A Deposit allows you to ask for a portion of your Invoice to be paid upfront before the rest of the balance is due. Deposits are useful if you need to collect prepayment or secure funds before the work can begin.
A flat or percentage-based deposit can be requested on your Invoice using the below steps:
- Go to the Invoices section and click on the New Invoice button to create a new Invoice, or click on the pencil icon over any existing Invoice to edit it
- Under the Amount Due, click on Request a Deposit
- In the Request a Deposit pop-up, choose between Percentage of the Invoice of value, or Flat Amount
- Click on Add Deposit to confirm
- Once added, your Invoice will reflect the Deposit Due
- Save or Send the Invoice to finish. The Client will be required to pay the full deposit amount when using Online Payments.
Deposits can be deleted by hovering over the right side of the Deposit amount and clicking on the trash can icon.
Client View of Deposits
When your Client looks at the Invoice, they'll see a banner at the top of the Invoice indicating Deposit Due:
When the deposit has been paid, the Invoice status updates from Sent to Deposit Paid: