An API (application programming interface) is the building blocks developers use to create software and applications. Think of it as the linking of information between one source and another and the automation of tasks between them. You can use FreshBooks' API to automate different parts of your FreshBooks account or to create integrations with your favourite apps.
If you are a developer/programmer interested in building an app with your account, FreshBooks' API makes it easy to create these apps through OAuth2 for authentication. For inspiration, check out our AppStore for our available apps anytime here.
API and Webhook Resources
Use the below to access our current API documentation anytime:
API-related questions can be sent to our support team here.
Create a FreshBooks App
To create an app with your FreshBooks account, follow these steps:
- Create a new FreshBooks account here, or if you already have an existing new FreshBooks account, log into it
- Go to the Developer hub here
- Then select Apps
- Select the Create an App button
- Fill in the fields and select Save to submit your application
- Once your application is submitted, you can continue using your FreshBooks account as your sandbox or testing environment so you can build your FreshBooks app using the API.
Access your Developer hub anytime at the Developer hub link here. Select Apps to manage your applications or to submit a new application anytime.