To help keep track of your spending, you can attach receipts to your Expenses. This is helpful if you are required to save all receipts for your business-related Expenses and tax deductions.
Attaching receipts to your Expenses is easy in FreshBooks. Just follow these steps:
- Go to the Expenses section (left-side menu)
- Click on the Expense you want to add a receipt for (or create a new one with the steps here)
- Click on the Edit button
- You can either drag the file to the receipt section (top right corner of Expense), or click on the select a file link
- If selecting a file, a pop-up appears asking you to choose a file - select one and click on Open
- You will now see a thumbnail preview of your receipt in the corner. You can click on it to preview it
- Click Save and that's it.
If you'd like to rebill the expense and the receipt image onto an invoice, check out the steps here.