How do I create Expenses on iOS?
FreshBooks makes it easy to keep track of your spending with Expenses. This is helpful if you are required to document business-related purchases for your business and for tax deductions.
You can create Expenses on iOS with just a few quick steps:
- Once logged into your account, tap on Expenses at the bottom
- Tap on the + symbol (top right corner)
- Add your Expense details - select a Category, date, Vendor, purpose (notes), Taxes, and the Grand Total
- Under the Settings section, you can also add these to your Expense:
- To mark the Expense as billable, tap on Mark as billable (this allows the Expense to appear on an Invoice) and swipe to enable
- If you'd like to change the currency of the Expense, tap on Currency, then select the new currency
- When you're done with the Expense, click Save.
If you want to attach a receipt to your expense, check out this article.
Expense Categories and Subcategories
The categories available in FreshBooks are the ones commonly found on tax forms for claiming your business Expenses. FreshBooks also makes it easy for you to create your own custom Subcategories if a specific one isn't available.
To create your own Subcategory, follow these steps:
- Create a new Expense from the Expenses section with the New button
- Swipe on the categories from right to left until you get to ...More at the end. Tap on ...More
- Tap on the Add a Category field, and begin typing in your new Subcategory
- When you have finished typing, tap on the Create Category: option underneath
- Confirm the new name and assign it to a parent Category of your choice
- Tap on Done to finish.
The full list of default Categories and Subcategories can be found here.