Welcome to FreshBooks! As a newly invited Contractor, we know your first priority is getting up and running quickly, so we've prepared this guide that shows you exactly what you need to know and do.
As a Contractor, you'll be tracking time, invoicing your new Client (your employer who invited you), and collaborating on Projects that you're invited to.
FreshBooks, if you're not familiar with it already, is an online invoicing service that helps freelancers and small business owners save time, get paid faster and look really professional. You’ll easily keep track of time, bill your Clients and collaborate with other team members on shared Projects.
- You'll have received an invitation email from the Owner of the account, click on the link in the email
- If you haven't made a FreshBooks account before, you'll be taken to a brand new account, upload a profile photo if you want to
- Add a Company Name for your business
- Enter a Password for your account
- When you're done, click on the Get Started button
- If you already have a FreshBooks account, click on Log In
- Enter your password associated with your FreshBooks account and click Log In again to finish the setup
- You can confirm the setup by going to the Clients section where you'll see the Business working with you as a Client, or by going to the Projects section to see the Projects you've been invited to.
You’ll have your own account, separate from your employer’s. Here’s what’s shared with you from your employer’s account:
- Your employer is added as a Client automatically
- Can only track time and collaborate on Projects you’ve been added to
- Can Invoice your Client for time tracked
You’re welcome to add other Clients that you work with, aside from your current employer.
- Learn how to track time
- If you’re ready to Invoice for your time, learn how to generate an Invoice here
- Familiarize yourself with how Projects work