Welcome to FreshBooks! As a newly invited Contractor, we know your first priority is getting up and running quickly, so we've prepared this guide that shows you exactly what you need to know and do.
As a Contractor, you'll be tracking time, invoicing your new Client (your employer who invited you), and collaborating on Projects that you're invited to.
FreshBooks, if you're not familiar with it already, is an online invoicing service that helps freelancers and small business owners save time, get paid faster and look really professional. You’ll easily keep track of time, bill your Clients and collaborate with other team members on shared Projects.
- You'll have received an invitation from your new Client/employer
- Click on the Get Started button
- You'll be taken to a new page. Enter your new password to join the team
- Then click on the Get Started button
- Click on the Set Up My Business button
- Enter your name and your business name
- Finish with the set up and you'll be taken to your account.
You’ll have your own account, separate from your employer’s. Here’s what’s shared with you from your employer’s account:
- Your employer is added as a Client automatically
- Can only track time and collaborate on Projects you’ve been added to
- Can Invoice your Client for time tracked
You’re welcome to add other Clients that you work with, aside from your current employer.