How do Team Members' Billable Rates work?
As a business, when you and your team track time in FreshBooks, a rate is assigned to determine the value of the time worked. If you're creating Projects with Team Member Rates as the Billing Method, the rates are pulled from the Billable Rate for each member in the My Team section.
The Billable Rate allows you to apply a unique rate for yourself, Admins, Managers, Employees and Contractors, on all time entries in your account.
You can add or edit the rates with the below steps:
- Click on the My Team section
- Click on a Team Member
- If the Team Member hasn't accepted their invitation yet, add or edit in the Billable Rate field as needed
- If the Team Member has accepted their invitation, click on Set Rates, then add or edit in the Billable Rate field as needed
- When you're done, click Save to apply the new rate
- Repeat steps 2-4 as needed for each Team Member.