How Do I Manage My Business Information?
The Business sub-tab (formerly My Company) contains important details about your business that is displayed throughout your FreshBooks account, including all your Invoices, Estimates and Proposals. This is also where you can set your preferences for your Base Currency, Date Format and Standard Rate as needed.
To access your Business information, use these steps:
- Click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Then click on Settings
- Click on the Business sub-tab.
The Business section is explained in detail below:
- Business Name - This is the name of your Business, and is displayed on Invoices, Estimates, Proposals and in emails to your Clients
- Business & Mobile Phone - Use this to display your phone number(s) as needed
- Street Address - This is your business’ address and appears on all Invoices, Estimates and Proposals
- If your country is set to Australia, Bahrain, New Zealand, Singapore or South Africa, your Invoice Number will display as Tax Invoice Number on all Invoices instead
- If set to United Kingdom, Estimates will display as Quotes instead
The Preferences section is explained in detail below:
- Base Currency - This is the default currency for your account (you can still change currency on any Client profile or Invoice/Estimate/Proposal with the steps here)
- Business Time Zone - Available on some accounts, choose the time zone for your Business (individual Time Entries logged by yourself and your Team are based on the time zone set in each user's Account instead)
- Fiscal Year End - Choose the month and date you want your reports to automatically filter to. If set to anything other than the default of Dec 31, Reports will also display additional This/Last Fiscal or Calendar Year/Month/Quarter options
- Date Format - Choose between dd/mm/yyyy, dd.mm.yy, mm/dd/yyyy, yyyy/mm/dd, yyyy-mm-dd for the formatting of your Invoices, Estimates and Proposals dates
- Tax Name & Number - These fields appear depending on the country you've chosen, and you can put in your VAT, ABN or any other Tax Name and Number that you're required to have on all Invoices, Estimates and Proposals
- Standard Rate - Specify a rate here to apply to all unbilled time entries (especially if no other Billing Method is selected, which you can read more about here)