How do I use Projects with my team?
Whether you have a team or you’re looking to grow a team, working together in FreshBooks on Projects is simple and easy. Anyone invited to a Project can share files and collaborate so that everyone stays on track.
To get started, read below, or jump to a specific section:
Invite Your Team Members
There are a few roles in FreshBooks that you can assign to your team members. Each role comes with different sets of permissions depending on what you’d like them to work on.
- Business Partners - Most access to your business’ account
- Basic Employees - Some access to your business’ account
- Contractors - Have their own account and some shared information to yours
Add Team Members to Projects
Once you’ve invited your team members, you can start assigning them to Projects.
- Go to the Projects section on the left side
- For existing Projects, click on it, then click on the Edit button
- For a new Project, click on the New Project button
- Click on the + symbol under Team Members in the top left
- Check the box next to any Team Member(s) and click Done
- Then click on the Save button to send the invites.
Any added team members will receive an email informing them of their invitation to the Project. Once invited, team members can collaborate in the Discuss tab.
Everyone that’s invited can share files, leave comments, and see others’ files and comments as well. With everyone working together in Projects, it’s easy to stay on the same page and keep productivity up.
You can learn more about Projects and what can be shared here.
Assign Billing Rates
If you're creating Projects with Team Member Rates as the Billing Method, the rates are pulled from Billable Rates. This allows you to bill different amounts for time tracked depending on your team member’s hourly rate.
You can set up rates for each team member with the below steps:
- Click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Select My Team
- Click on a team member
- Add or edit in the Billable Rate box as needed
- When you’re done, click Save to apply the new rate.
To learn more about Billing Methods, and the other options available, you can read more here.