How Do I Set up a Bank Connection With Yodlee?
Yodlee, one of our third party connectors, can help you get your expenses automatically imported from your bank accounts, credit cards, and PayPal accounts (Crypto, Investment, Loan and Line of Credit accounts will not be imported). These transactions are imported into your account through a mix of data sharing methods like Open Banking and data extraction depending on the financial institution.
All accounts you set up will appear in the Bank Connections section, and any newly imported expenses (up to 30-90 days of activity) will appear in the Expenses section for you.
Add a Bank
- Before beginning, ensure you’re using the correct steps by confirming which partner supports connections for your country here
- Using a web browser, click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Click on Bank Connections
- If you see your bank in the top 12 popular banks, click on it
- Otherwise, if you don’t see your bank, click on the Find your bank link below the top 12
- Then search for your bank using the name of the bank (at least 3 letters long), or the bank’s website link
- If the name of the bank and the bank’s website link matches what you normally log into online, click on it
- If your bank is not listed or available, please submit a request to have your bank added here
- Once you’ve selected your bank, enter in your bank’s login credentials and press Submit
- Answer any security/verification questions until all have been answered correctly and press Next
- Stay on this page and wait up to 10 minutes for all your accounts to finish loading when all spinning icons disappear (otherwise closing or leaving this page will require you to start over with the steps)
- Once all accounts have finished loading, you can remove any unwanted accounts, especially if they require different import start dates, as well as rename any accounts to unique nicknames (to help remember which account is which) using the Remove or rename account links.
- When you’re done, click on Import
- A pop-up will ask you to how far back to import Expenses from - choose between Today, 7 Days ago, 30 Days ago, 90 Days ago, or Custom
- Click Done
- You’ll now be taken back to the Bank Connections page, leave this page open for at least 10 minutes
- After 10+ minutes, you’ll see a confirmation pop-up, and the status next to your bank account will display as Updated <1 minute ago
- Next, you can go to the Expenses section and start organizing your newly imported Expenses, which can take anywhere from 1 minute to 2 hours to appear depending on the Bank Connection.
To look for Expenses that have not been assigned a Category, click on the Advanced Search button and choose Uncategorized Expenses in the Category field, and click Apply.
We recommend checking your Bank Connections on a regular basis to ensure your Expenses are consistently importing with no errors or actions required by you.
Automatically Categorize Imported Expenses
If you have a lot of Expenses that are consistently importing in that belong to the same category, you can mark them to automatically apply the category for you next time. This requires that the Expense is imported in with the exact same Merchant name every time for it to be automatically categorized. Use the below steps:
- Go to the Expenses section
- Click on the pencil icon on the right side of the Expense you want to edit
- If the Expense does not have a category yet, click on Choose a category and pick one
- If the Merchant is not filled out, click on Add Merchant and type in a new Merchant or choose from an existing list
- Check the box off next to Apply to future imported expenses
- Click Save to finish.