Welcome to FreshBooks! As a newly invited Accountant, we know your first priority is getting up and running quickly, so we've prepared this guide that shows you exactly what you need to know and do.
As an Accountant, you can review your new Client's (the Owner who invited you) financial reports and help balance their books to ensure their business continues to run smoothly. Each Client that invites you as an Accountant will appear as a separate business that you can switch between inside your account.
FreshBooks, if you're not familiar with it already, is an online invoicing service that helps freelancers and small business owners save time, get paid faster and look professional. You'll be able to access accounting reports, add Journal Entries, manage Chart of Accounts as well as review and manage other data in your Client's account.
Also, as an accountant, you’re welcome to join our Accounting Partner Program and become a FreshBooks certified partner too. The program is designed for tech-savvy firms that offer services such as advisory, reporting, analytics, or business coaching, and partners also get:
- Free FreshBooks training and Certification as part of the onboarding process
- Connections with potential FreshBooks users looking for help from an accountant
- Referral commissions for recommending FreshBooks to your clients
- Dedicated Accountant support and account management
- Free subscription to use as a demo environment to discover FreshBooks’ accounting functionalities
- Ongoing resources and product information
- You'll have received an invitation email from the Owner of the account, click on the link in the email
- You'll be taken to the account, upload a profile photo and edit your name if needed
- Then click on Sign Up
- Enter a Password for your account
- When you're done, click on the Get Started button.
Your view of the account will be slightly different from the Owner's. Here’s what you can do:
- Can access the Dashboard and Reports of your business’ financials
- Create Journal Entries and custom Sub-Accounts in Chart of Accounts
- Can view Invoices and manage payments
- Can create Other Income
- Can create and manage Expenses
- Switch between businesses using the Manage Businesses link if you've been invited to other Clients' accounts
- Join the Accounting Partner Program here
- Learn more about our Accounting features here
- Review how all the Reports work
- Familiarize yourself with managing Invoices here and Expenses here