How do I get started as an Accountant?
Welcome to FreshBooks! As a newly invited Accountant, we know your first priority is getting up and running quickly, so we've prepared this guide that shows you exactly what you need to know and do.
As an Accountant, you can review your new Client's (the Owner who invited you) financial reports and help balance their books to ensure their business continues to run smoothly.
FreshBooks, if you're not familiar with it already, is an online invoicing service that helps freelancers and small business owners save time, get paid faster and look really professional. You'll be able to access accounting reports, add Journal Entries, manage Chart of Accounts as well as review and manage other data in your Client's account.
- You'll have received an invitation email from the Owner of the account, click on the link in the email
- You'll be taken to the account, upload a profile photo if you want to
- Enter a Password for your account
- When you're done, click on the Get Started button.
Your view of the account will be slightly different from the Owner's. Here’s what you can do:
- Can access the Dashboard and Reports of your business’ financials
- Create Journal Entries and custom Sub-Accounts in Chart of Accounts
- Can view Invoices and manage payments
- Can create Other Income
- Can create and manage Expenses
- Learn more about our Accounting features here
- Review how all the Reports work
- Familiarize yourself with managing Invoices here and Expenses here