What is a Revenue by Client Report?
The Revenue by Client report gives you a breakdown of revenue earned for each Client you've invoiced.
You can run a Revenue by Client Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Select Revenue by Client under Invoice & Expense Reports.
There are a few things you’re able to change when running the Revenue by Client Report:
- Click on the Organization, Primary Contact or Total headers at the top of the report to sort your data in ascending or descending order by that particular header
- Or click on the drop down next to the Report title, and you'll see some filters:
- Date Range - With the date range drop down, you're able to choose one of the preset ranges (This Year, Last Year, This Quarter, Last Quarter) or choose a Custom date range so you're able to find exactly what you're looking for
- Clients - Choose between All Clients or select specific Clients to filter by
- Type - Choose between:
- Total Billed - This will show you all paid invoices based on the Invoice's Date of Issue
- Total Collected - This will show you all paid invoices based on the date of payment
- Total Outstanding - This will show you all outstanding invoices
- Currency - If you have Invoices in multiple currencies this allows you to choose which one you want to run the Report for
If you want to see the breakdown by month, click on the More Actions button in the top right and select Export to Excel. The option to Print is also available there as well.