What are Client Account Statements?
The Account Statement (also known as a client statement or client summary) allows you to share key details with your Clients like their outstanding balance, Invoices and Payments history, and available Credits.
You can run an Account Statement for a particular Client by doing the following:
- Go to the Clients section
- Click on the Client you want to run the statement for
- Select the More Actions button
- Click on Generate Statement.
To adjust your view of the Client's Account Statement, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from This Month, This Year, Last Year, This Quarter, Last Quarter, or Custom to enter a specific date range (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
- Currency - If billing in different currencies, toggle the currency here
The Summary area shows you the following:
- Balance Forward - If running in a specific date range, this will carry any remaining Balance over
- Invoiced - All Invoices made for this Client
- Paid - All paid Invoices only
- Credit Balance - The total of all Credit Notes, Prepayment and Overpayment Credits
The remaining balance is the Client's outstanding amount, also known as the Account Balance.