How do I get started as a Manager?
Welcome to FreshBooks! As a newly invited Manager, we know your first priority is getting up and running quickly, so we've prepared this guide that shows you exactly what you need to know and do.
As a Manager, you’ll be helping the Owner of the account (and any other team members) manage the business when it comes to Invoices, Retainers, Estimates, Projects, Time Tracking and more. You can also create and manage your own Expenses, and view some client-specific reports too.
FreshBooks, if you're not familiar with it already, is an online invoicing service that helps freelancers and small business owners save time, get paid faster and look professional.
- You'll have received an invitation email from the Owner of the account, click on the link in the email
- You'll be taken to the account, upload a profile photo if you want to
- Enter a Password for your account
- When you're done, click on the Get Started button.
Your view of the account will be slightly different from the Owner's. Here’s what you can do:
- Create and view Invoices, Retainers, Other Income, Estimates/Proposals, Projects
- Create and manage Clients
- Can track time and log Expenses, as well as review team members' time entries
- See Client-based Reports (Accounts Aging, Time Entry Details and Retainer Summary Report)
- Review the Getting Started Guide to familiarize yourself quickly
- Learn how to make Invoices here
- See how to track Expenses
- Read about creating and managing Projects