What is the FreshBooks Payments Report?
The FreshBooks Payments Report is a reconciliation report to help you see exactly which individual payment is in each WePay withdrawal that’s been deposited into your bank account.
To access your FreshBooks Payments Report, use the following steps:
- Go to the Reports section
- Select FreshBooks Payments under Payments Reports.
There are a few things you’re able to adjust when running the FreshBooks Payments Report. Click on the Filters button under Settings and you’ll see some filters:
- Date Range - Choose from Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month or Custom (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
If your FreshBooks Payments Report has more than 500 transactions, you'll see the option to Download Report instead. Once clicked, an email with a download link is sent - this link will expire after 7 days to protect your financial data. You can also adjust the Date Range in your filters to reduce the number of transactions if you'd like to review inside your account instead.
The FreshBooks Payments Report gives you an overview of:
- Gross Amount - The total of all payments you’ve collected after transaction fees
- Fees - The total amount of transaction fees charged
- Net Amount - The total amount deposited into your WePay account, excluding transaction fees
- Withdrawal Total - The total amount making up your withdrawal from WePay
All payments and refunds are grouped under each withdrawal ID that is deposited into your bank account. Each payment includes the below identifying details:
- Date of payment and Client
- Transaction Type (Checkout or Refund) and Transaction ID
- Source (Invoice) and Invoice Number
- Method (type of credit card or bank account used)
- Gross Amount and Fee
- Net Amount
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.