Online payments allow you to accept payments for your invoices online with credit cards, bank transfers (ACH), and PayPal through any of our online payment options on your iOS app.
Set Up Online Payments
Activate your online payment accounts in your Online Payments Settings first with these steps:
- On the FreshBooks iOS app, tap on your avatar or initials in the top left corner
- Then tap on Online Payments Settings
- Tap on either:
- Once connected, additional options to manage your online payment account will appear in your Online Payments Settings. You can now activate your online payment options on your invoices directly.
Activate Online Payments on Invoices
Once your online payment accounts are connected in your Online Payments Settings, you can begin accepting payments on your invoices with the below steps:
- Once logged in, tap on Invoices at the bottom
- Tap on an existing invoice to edit, or tap on the + plus button to make a new invoice
- At the top under Online Payments, tap on Accept Online Payments
- Next to the payment method you’d like to use, slide the toggle to turn it on
- Then for either WePay or Stripe, tap to activate Credit Card and/or ACH Bank Transfer (available for US Businesses + US clients only)
- If enabling PayPal, you can also activate Accept Debit or Credit Cards (available for PayPal accounts in select countries only)
- If needed, slide the toggle next to Allow Client to make partial online payments for this Invoice
- Then tap on Back to save your updates, your online payment option will appear as the selected option
- Continue creating your invoice as needed, and tap on Next or Preview to finish.