How do I accept online payments on iOS?
To start receiving online payments with Credit Cards and Bank Transfers (ACH) on your Invoices, you can enable Stripe and WePay on your iOS app.
Set Up Online Payments
Note that your online payments should be connected in your account, before you enable it on an Invoice. You can enable FreshBooks Payments (WePay) from within your iOS app:
- Once logged in, tap on Invoices at the bottom
- Tap on an existing Invoice to edit, or tap on the + plus button to make a new Invoice
- At the top under Online Payments, tap on Accept Online Payments
- Next to the payment method you’d like to use, slide the toggle to turn it on
- Then tap to enable Credit Card and/or ACH Bank Transfer (available for US Businesses + US Clients only)
- Then tap on Back to save your online payment settings, you’ll see the payment method is actively selected
- Continue creating your Invoice as needed, and click Save to finish.
What happens if I haven't connected an online payment method yet?
If you have not enabled Stripe or WePay yet, you will only see the option to set up FreshBooks Payments (WePay) for the first time on your device. Once set up, you’ll need to finish the process on a web browser later with the steps here.
For Stripe, you can enable Stripe on a web browser with the steps here first, and then Stripe will appear as an option to select on your device while making an Invoice.