The Team Utilization report provides a summary of logged hours against your team members’ capacity over a specified period, which is used to calculate the utilization rate for each team member. Tracking utilization will allow you to review your team’s workload so that you can optimize for efficiency and hit your targets, while keeping employee wellbeing in mind.
You can run a Team Utilization Report by doing the following:
- Select the Reports section
- Then select Team Utilization under Time Tracking and Project Reports.
To adjust your view of the Team Utilization report, select Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Select this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from Last Week, Last Month, Last Quarter, Last Year or Custom to enter a specific date range
- Limit To - Choose between All Team Members or a specific team member
The Team Utilization report looks at your team member’s capacity and time tracked:
- Billable - All billable time entries logged
- Non-Billable - All non-billable time entries logged
- Total Hours - The total number of hours logged for all time entries
- Capacity - The capacity for the specific team member who tracked the time, calculated per week
- Utilization Rate - Calculated as ((billable Hours / capacity) * 100%)
Note: When the date range is not a full week, the capacity is calculated by dividing the per week number by 7 instead.
Additional options can also be accessed in the top right corner of the Team Utilization report:
- Export for Excel - Download the report as a CSV file
- Print - Print the report or save the report as a PDF using the print dialog
- Send... - Send the report to any specific email addresses