The Team Utilization Report provides a summary of logged hours against your Team Members’ Capacity over a specified period, which is used to calculate the utilization rate for each Team Member. Tracking utilization will allow you to see your team’s workload so that you can optimize for efficiency and hit your targets, while keeping employee wellbeing in mind.
You can run a Team Utilization Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Team Utilization under Time Tracking and Project Reports.
To adjust your view of the Team Utilization Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from Last Week, Last Month, Last Quarter, Last Year or Custom to enter a specific date range
- Limit To - Choose between All Team Members or a specific Team Member
The Team Utilization Report looks at your Team Member’s Capacity and time tracked:
- Billable - All billable Time Entries logged
- Non-Billable - All non-billable Time Entries logged
- Total Hours - The total number of hours logged for all Time entries
- Capacity - The Capacity for the specific Team Member who tracked the time, calculated per week
- Utilization Rate - Calculated as ((Billable Hours / Capacity) * 100%)
- When the Date Range is not a full week, the Capacity is calculated by dividing the per week number by 7 instead
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.