You are able to run more than one business from within your FreshBooks account. When set up, these businesses will run completely independently from each other; no financial information or any team members you may have will be shared between your businesses.
The only thing that will be shared is the Administrator's email address and the login page.
Setting up Multiple Businesses
To set up an additional business, use these steps:
- Click on the circle icon in the top left corner (it'll either be a photo or your initials)
- Click on + Add Another Business:
- You'll then see a pop-up explaining the feature. Note: Each new business will get a free 30-day trial.
- You'll then need to add the business name, your country, and your industry:
- Click on Create My Business and you'll be taken into your brand new account:
- Once you've clicked Ok, got it, you'll be in your new business account and ready to start using FreshBooks for your additional company. Clicking on your avatar in the top left will give you the opportunity to change your logo, business name, and all of the administrative stuff you may wish to adjust.
How do I switch between businesses?
Click on your logo/picture/initials in the top left and you'll see your businesses listed. Simply click on the business you wish to switch to and that will take you to the relevant account.
Do I need to pay for each business?
Your businesses will run independently from each other - billing included. You'll receive a free 30-day trial for every new business you set up. After that, you will need to upgrade to the most applicable plan.
Can I run Reports across multiple businesses?
No, each business will have separate reports.
How can I delete a business?
If you need to remove a business, ensure the business is cancelled first with the steps here, then use these steps:
- Log into your account and select any business that you are not going to delete
- Then click on the circle icon in the top left corner (it'll either be a photo or your initials)
- Click on Manage Businesses
- Click on the trash can icon next to the cancelled business
- Type in the Business Name to confirm
- Press Delete and the business is now deleted.