FreshBooks' Android app can be used as a companion app so you can stay connected to your account while on the go or out in the field. Visit the Google Play store listing here to download the Android app (Google Play Services required).
If you haven't signed up for a FreshBooks account yet, you can do it through the mobile app with these steps:
- Launch the app
- Tap on Sign Up
- Enter in your email address and password and then tap on Sign Up again
- Verify your account by checking for an email from FreshBooks and tap on the link provided
- The link will automatically open your app so you can finish setting up your account.
Log In or Log Out
Sign In with FreshBooks
- Tap on Log In
- Enter in your email address and password
- Tap on Log In again and you'll be taken into your account. If you need to switch businesses, tap on your avatar or initials in the top right, then under My Businesses, tap on the specific business to switch to.
Sign in with Apple or Google
If your FreshBooks email is already associated with an Apple ID, Gmail or Google address, you can use these steps:
- Tap on the Sign in with Apple or Sign in with Google button
- For Sign in with Apple, enter your Apple ID email and password
- For Sign in with Google, choose your Google account, or sign in to your Google account with the Use another account button instead
- If this is your first time, a message letting you know that FreshBooks wants to access your Google Account will appear, tap on Allow
- You’ll then be taken to your FreshBooks account. If you need to switch businesses, tap on your avatar or initials in the top right, then under My Businesses, tap on the specific business to switch to.
If your FreshBooks email is not associated with an Apple ID, Gmail or Google address, and you want to use Sign in with Apple or Sign in with Google, you’ll need to change your email address inside FreshBooks first.
- Tap on your avatar or initials in the top right corner
- Then tap on Logout.
Update and Sync
To ensure you have the latest version of the Android app downloaded for the best experience, activate automatic updates for Android Apps, or manually update the app with the steps here.
To sync data to your FreshBooks account on the web:
- Tap and hold near the top of your screen anywhere inside the FreshBooks Android app, and pull down until a spinning arrow inside a circle appears
- The sync will be complete when this circle disappears.
To access your FreshBooks Android app settings, tap on your avatar or initials in the top left corner. From here you can access:
- Mileage Tracking - Manage your Mileage Tracking settings for location services, mileage rates and distance units
- Invoice Template Settings - Manage your invoices' logo and theme
- My Profile - Manage your Account settings including your name and email
- Need Help? - Choose between View FAQs, Email Us or Call Us for support
- Log Out - Tap on Log Out to sign out of your FreshBooks Android app
- Company Profile - Manage your Business information that appears throughout your account and on invoices, estimates and proposals
- My Businesses - Switch between any of your businesses as needed
The FreshBooks Android app will display in English, French, or Spanish, depending on your Android device's settings.