How Do I Create Invoices on iOS?
Invoices allow you to bill a Client for your products and/or services, and help you keep track of your income in FreshBooks. You can also view the history of the Invoice, as well as communicate with your Client on it.
You can create Invoices on iOS along with any unbilled Time and Expenses on it, using these steps (or watch this video here):
- Once logged into your account, tap on Invoices at the bottom
- Tap on the + symbol (top right corner)
- Create your Invoice as usual by adding a Client
- Next, add in your Date of Issue and Due Date
- Add a Reference field (Purchase Order Number) if needed
- Tap on Add a Line to add your Items
- If you have any unbilled Time Entries or Expenses, they will appear at the top of your list of Items
- Under Settings, if you want to Accept Credit Cards, read more here to enable
- To send Late Payment Reminders, tap on Send Reminders and swipe the toggle to enable
- Add reminders as needed and click on the Invoice back arrow in the top left to return to the invoice
- To charge Late Fees, tap on Charge Late Fees and swipe the toggle to enable
- Choose between a Percentage or Flat Amount, Add Taxes if needed, and determine when to apply in Days After Due Date, click on the Invoice back arrow in the top left to return to the invoice
- If needed, tap on Currency & Language to change either, and tap on the left chevron in the top corner to return to the invoice
- When you're done making your Invoice, tap on Save at the top right corner
- Feel free to tap on the Paper Plane symbol (in top right corner) to send the Invoice by email, or you can hit the Arrow symbol (top left corner) to return to the Invoices page. Your created Invoice will be saved as a draft.
In the Invoices section, you can see your list of Invoices. To sort them, tap on the up and down arrows to sort in ascending or descending order, or tap on the Sorted By bar above the list of Invoices and select either:
- Invoice Number
- Date of Issue
- Last Updated
- Filter By:
Tap on any Invoice to access additional options:
- More (...)
- Add Payment - Mark this invoice as paid with the rest of the steps here
- Share as PDF - Send the Invoice as a PDF through any app on your phone, or use AirPrint to print your Invoice
- Duplicate - Copy your existing Invoice into a brand new Invoice
- Archive - Move this Invoice to the Archived section
- Delete - Move this Invoice to the Deleted section
- Send - Tap on the paper plane icon to send the Invoice by email, or to resend it again
- Edit - Tap on the Edit button to edit the Invoice
- Comments & History - Tap on the chat bubble icon to view the history of the Invoice, including comments, and to send a comment of your own to the Client
How do I archive or delete Invoices in bulk?
Use these steps:
- Go to the Invoices section
- Tap on the checkmark icon near the top right corner
- Select the Invoice(s) you want to archive or delete
- Tap on either Archive or Delete at the bottom.
The Invoice(s) will now be moved.
How do I change the way Invoices are sorted by in my list?
You can sort by Client, Invoice Number, Status, Amount, Date of Issue, or Last Updated. You can also toggle the arrow to sort in ascending or descending order. Use the below steps:
- Go to the Invoices section
- Tap on the Sorted bysection at the top of the list
- Choose the option to sort by
- Tap on Done.
Your list will now be sorted by the criteria you've chosen. To toggle the ascending/descending order, tap on the arrows next to Sorted by.