Items are used when you’re billing for goods or products sold to your Clients. If you have a lot of Items and want to save some time, you can import your list of Items in bulk instead.
When putting together the CSV, ensure the file has these required headers, and then add your data:
Once your file is ready, import it in with these steps:
- Click on the gear icon in the top left corner
- Click on Items & Services
- Click on the Import Items button
- Click on Choose File…
- Select your CSV
- Match the fields to the columns from your file using the dropdown (e.g., Name should match to the Name header inside your file)
- Click on Import Items
- New Items will be added and you can start invoicing with them.
How are duplicate Items handled?
Item names must be unique, so if the name is taken, you can either:
- Use a different name
- Find the original Item and edit the name to something else to free it up (steps here if it’s archived or deleted)
- Or if the Item was deleted, undelete it with the steps here it to re-use it again
Why did I get an error uploading my file?
The CSV file may be invalid depending on the error:
- The CSV file itself is corrupt - copy the information to a new workbook and re-save as a .csv format
- There are no header columns in the file or one header column is missing - Name, Description and Rate are required to be the first row in the file (if headers are missing, the first row is skipped)
- There are invalid formats in the file (e.g., commas instead of decimals)
- Names cannot exceed 255 characters
- There are empty cells in the file (right click and select Delete to clear out empty cells)
- The file is larger than 2MB - try splitting it into two or more CSVs instead