What is the Bank Reconciliation Summary Report?
The Bank Reconciliation Summary is a report that makes it easy to see how organized your accounts are and if there are any remaining transactions to be matched in your Bank Reconciliation. This report is also useful for seeing all unmatched transactions across all bank accounts, as well as any Expenses and Payments logged in your FreshBooks account that have yet to be matched.
You can run a Bank Reconciliation Summary by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Select Bank Reconciliation Summary under Accounting Reports.
To adjust your view of the Bank Reconciliation Summary Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from Today, End of Last Month, or Custom to enter a specific date range (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
- Bank Account - Choose which Bank Account you want to view transactions from
The report displays the below:
- Unmatched FreshBooks Entries - These are displayed first and show all your Payments & Other Income and your Expenses that have yet to be matched to transactions in your Bank Account.
- Unmatched Bank Transactions from (Bank Account) - These are entries from your connected Bank Account that have yet to be matched to entries from FreshBooks.