A Credit Balance Report summarizes the Credit Balance for each Client with a detailed breakdown showing the amount issued, applied, and remaining.
You can run a Credit Balance Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Select Credit Balance under Payments Reports.
To adjust your view of the Credit Balance Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- Date Range - Choose from This Month, This Year, Last Year, This Quarter, Last Quarter, or Custom to enter a specific date range (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
- Currency - Toggle between multiple currencies
The Summary area shows you the following:
- Balance Forward - This is the Credit Balance for the prior period up to the start date of your Date Range selected
- Credit Issued - This is the total Credit created for the Client (includes all Credit Notes, Overpayment and Prepayment Credits)
- Credit Applied - This is the total Credit applied as payment on Invoices for that Client. If you need to track down the specific Invoices that have Credit applied as payment, run a Client Account Statement instead
- Credit Balance - The remaining Credit left that can be applied as payment on future Invoices
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.