Estimates allow you to create and send an estimated outline of your Items or Services to your Client for approval before beginning the work.
- How do I create an Estimate?
- How do I accept an Estimate?
- How do I convert an Estimate into an Invoice?
How do I create an Estimate?
If you're on your Dashboard:
- Click on the Create New button
- Then select Estimate. This will take you to the New Estimate screen.
- Go to the Estimates section
- Click on the New Estimate button. This will take you to the New Estimate screen.
Each section of the Estimate is broken down into detail below:
Customize Estimate Style
- Template - You can choose between Simple or Modern, for the option of having a logo in a corner, or a wide banner across the top of your Invoice.
- Theme Color - This will change the color of your headings (e.g., Description, Rate, Estimate Number). It will also change the banner color at the top of your Estimate on the Modern template.
- Font - You can choose between Helvetica (Modern) and Garamond (Classic).
For the Client
- Currency & Language - Here you're able to change the currency or language (either English or French) of the Estimate.
How do I accept an Estimate?
You can send the Invoice by email with the Send... button. Then your Client receives an email with a direct link to the Estimate, and can Accept it with a single click.
The Client's view of the Estimate will look similar to below:
How do I convert an Estimate into an Invoice?
Once the Estimate has been reviewed by your Client, converting it into an Invoice is easy:
- With the Estimate open, click on the More Actions button
- Click on Convert to Invoice
- You will be taken to the New Invoice page, and you can finish building the rest of your Invoice
- Click Save (to save as a Draft) or click Send... to email it to your Client.