Accepting credit cards with FreshBooks is fast, safe and easy.
You can quickly connect your FreshBooks account directly to Stripe, a leading payment processor, that will allow your clients to pay their invoice online, speeding up payments by up to 11 days faster than regular cash or check payments. Connecting Stripe to Freshbooks takes less than 10 minutes and will require you to create a free Stripe account.
What are the benefits of Stripe?
- No setup, monthly, or hidden fees
- Costs 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction Learn more
- Great for International clients! Accept credit cards payments from clients around the world
To get started, just follow these steps:
1. When creating an invoice, click the "Accept Credit Cards" option in the Settings panel to the right of the invoice.
2. Click the "Connect" button to create your Stripe account. This will open up a new tab that will take you to Stripe. Don't worry though, your invoice will be waiting for you.
3. On the Stripe page, fill out the required information to help Stripe identify you as a business. This will make it easier for Stripe to set your account up.
If you already have a Stripe account, just click the "Already have an account" option and log into your Stripe account to connect.
4. Once you have completed the setup, simply close the new tab and return to your invoice in FreshBooks.
5. Your invoice is now ready to be paid with a credit card! All your client has to do is click the "Pay Now" button when they receive your invoice. To see what your client will experience, click here.