Accepting credit cards with FreshBooks is fast, safe and easy.
If you'd like to receive payments online by credit card, you can connect your FreshBooks account to one of our payment gateway options, Stripe.
With Stripe, your Clients will have the ability to pay their Invoices with a credit card, and you can sit back and watch the money get added to your bank account automatically. Connecting Stripe to FreshBooks takes less than 10 minutes and will require you to create a free Stripe account (or log into an existing Stripe account).
What are the benefits of Stripe?
- No setup, monthly, or hidden fees
- Costs 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction, learn more here
- Great for International clients! Accept payments from Visa, MasterCard, AMEX and Discover credit cards around the world
To get started, just follow these steps:
1. When creating an invoice, click the "Accept Credit Cards" option in the Settings panel to the right of the invoice.
2. Click the "Connect" button to create your Stripe account. This will open up a new tab that will take you to Stripe. Don't worry though, your invoice will be waiting for you.
3. On the Stripe page, fill out the required information to help Stripe identify you as a business. This will make it easier for Stripe to set your account up.
If you already have a Stripe account, just click the "Already have an account" option and log into your Stripe account to connect.
4. Once you have completed the setup, simply close the new tab and return to your invoice in FreshBooks.
5. Your invoice is now ready to be paid with a credit card! All your client has to do is click the "Pay Now" button when they receive your invoice. To see what your client will experience, click here.