Invoices allow you to bill a Client for your products and/or services, and help you keep track of your income in FreshBooks. You can also view the history of the Invoice, as well as communicate with your Client on it.
You can create Invoices on Android, along with any unbilled Time on it, using these steps:
- Once logged into your account, tap on Invoices at the bottom
- Tap on the green + circle
- Create your Invoice as usual by adding a Client
- Next, add in your Date of Issue and Due Date
- Add a Reference field (Purchase Order Number) if needed
- Tap on Add a Line to add your Items
- If you have any unbilled Time Entries or Expenses, they will appear at the top of your list of Items
- Under Settings, if you want to Accept Credit Cards, read more here to enable
- To send Late Payment Reminders, tap on Send Reminders and swipe the toggle to enable
- Add reminders as needed and click on the back arrow in the top left to return to the invoice
- To charge Late Fees, tap on Charge Late Fees and swipe the toggle to enable
- Choose between a Percentage or Flat Amount, Add Taxes if needed, and determine when to apply in Days After Due Date, click on the back arrow in the top left to return to the invoice
- If needed, tap on Currency & Language to change either, and tap on Done to return to the invoice
- When you're done, tap on Save at the top right corner
- Feel free to tap on the Paper Plane symbol (in top right corner) to send the Invoice by email, or you can hit the Arrow symbol (top left corner) to return to the Invoices page. Your created Invoice will be saved as a draft.
In the Invoices section, you can also check the status of your Invoices to see which ones have been viewed by your Clients yet, or which ones are Overdue.
Tap on any banner above any Invoice to view the history:
This includes details on the Invoice and any payment, including comments between you and your Client:
Share Link & Share as PDF
Sharing your Invoice as a PDF or by Share Link is also available if your Clients ever need a PDF copy or link while you're on the go. Use these steps:
- Tap on the Invoices section
- Select the Invoice you want to share
- Press on ... in the top corner, then either:
- To send by link, tap on Share Link, and share the link through any app on your phone as needed
- To send a PDF, select Share as PDF and share the prepared PDF through any app on your phone as needed
How do I resend an Invoice?
- From the Invoices section, tap on the Invoice you want to resend
- In the top right corner, tap on the Paper Plane symbol
- A preview of the email will appear, modify as needed, then tap Send. A new email with the Invoice will be sent.