Generating an Invoice allows you to pull all unbilled time tracked by you, your Contractors and Employees onto an Invoice. This marks those time entries as billed automatically as well.
You can add unbilled time to a new Invoice a few different ways:
Generate From Time Tracking
- Go to the Time Tracking section (left side menu)
- Click on Generate Invoice at the top (next to the Start Timer button)
- Select your Client (any unbilled hours will show up next to them)
- If there are multiple projects for this Client, you can un-select any you don't want to Invoice for yet
- Click Continue
- You have the option of showing your time entries in three different ways:
The drop-down options for Detailed have Includes: Service, Project, Team Member, Date and Notes which you can check/uncheck, and a Date Range to help you filter out specific time entries.
The drop-down options for Grouped have Grouped By: Service, Team Member and Day, as well as Includes: Service, Project, Team Member and Date which you can check/uncheck. There is also a Date Range to help you filter out specific time entries.
The drop-down options for Simple have Includes: Project, Team Member and Date which you can check/uncheck, and a Date Range to help you filter out specific time entries.
- For any of the options above, click on the Add #h #m button to add it to the invoice in the format you've chosen.
- The Rate will automatically be populated depending on what you chose as your Billing Rate
- Enter any additional details on your Invoice (like Notes, Terms, Due Date, etc)
- When you're all done, click Save or Send to finish!
Generate From Project
- Go to the Projects section (left side menu)
- Click on the Project you want to generate an Invoice for
- Click on the More Actions button
- Click on Generate Invoice
- Choose a Date Range, or leave it to All Time
- Your project will automatically be checked off. Click on the Continue button
- Customize your formatting options for your time entries, and click on the Add #h #m button to finish
- Continue editing the rest of your Invoice.
Generate From Invoice
- Go to the Invoices section
- Click on New Invoice (or edit an existing Invoice)
- Select a Client
- Click on the Add a Line button, any unbilled time entries for that client will appear in the list of available items to select:
- You can continue to edit the Invoice, or save/send it.
How do I manually mark time entries as billed?
Time entries are automatically marked as billed when they are pulled onto an Invoice. If you prefer to Invoice without displaying time entries to your Client, you can still mark them as billed manually to keep track of time that's been recouped so far.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Time Tracking section
- Check off the box(es) next to the entries you want to mark as billed
- Click on the Actions button above the list
- Click on Mark as Billed
- Click OK in the confirmation pop-up and your time is now marked as billed.