How can my Team track time?
Tracking time is easy whether you have a team or you’re looking to grow a team. Everyone that's invited can track time. Both you and any Business Partners will be able to see all time tracked by any team members, so you can help make your team more productive.
To get started, read below, or jump to a specific section:
Work with Team Members
Time tracking can be done by any team member that’s invited into your account. This allows you to see their time tracked and Invoice for it back to your Clients.
In FreshBooks, there are some roles that you can assign to your team members. These come with different levels of access, but all roles will allow them to track time for you.
- Admins - Most access to your business’ account
- Managers - Most access to your business' account
- Employees - Some access to your business’ account
- Contractors - Have their own account and some shared information to yours
- Accountant - Some access to your business' account
Ways to Track Time
Once everyone on your team is invited, tracking time only takes a few clicks. There are three ways to track time:
- Use the Timer - A timer will start running inside your account. Start tracking time with these steps.
- Log time manually - Log time on any day and as often as needed using steps from this article.
- Chrome Timer extension - track time from your browser and from your favourite project management apps. You can download the extension with the steps here.
Review Time Tracked
With everyone in your team tracking time, you can quickly review it all in one place. This helps you monitor progress on any particular Project, or improve productivity throughout your team. See how to review time and edit your Team Member's time here.