The Profitability Details Report gives you a detailed breakdown of a Project’s profitability by Services and Expenses. To see profitability between Projects, you can run a Profitability Summary Report instead.
You can run a Profitability Details Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Profitability Details under Time Tracking and Project Reports
- Use the Filters under Settings to choose a specific Client and/or Project to run the report for
- Click Apply.
To adjust your view of the Profitability Details Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- As Of - Choose between Today, End of Last Month, End of Last Quarter, End of Last Year or Custom to enter a specific date range (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
- Limit To - Choose a Client, and if needed, the specific Project
- Currency - Toggle between multiple currencies, only one currency can be viewed at a time
The Profitability Details Report is similar to the Project Profitability graph in calculating the below:
- Total Billed - All billed Services and Expenses on Invoices (Draft, Sent, Viewed and Paid Invoices and Flat Rate Projects)
- Total Costs - Your Team Member’s costs by Service (time tracked multiplied by Cost Rate) and by Expense (billed, unbilled and non-billable Expenses, not including markup)
- Profit - Calculated as Billed - Cost
- Profit Margin - Calculated as ((Income - Cost) / Income) * 100%, displayed when margin is positive
- Project Name - Clicking on the Project Name takes you to the overview for that Project
- Services - Clicking on a Service takes you to a Time Entry Details Report filtered to the specific Client and/or Project for a detailed breakdown of those time entries
- Expenses - Clicking on an Expense takes you to an Expense Report filtered to the specific date range and/or Project for a detailed breakdown of those Expenses
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.