The Profitability Summary Report allows you to see which Projects are more profitable than others by comparing the planned and real costs related to your Projects.
You can run a Profitability Summary Report by doing the following:
- Go to the Reports section
- Click on Profitability Summary under Time Tracking and Project Reports.
To adjust your view of the Profitability Summary Report, click on Filters under Settings. From there, you can change:
- Reset all - Click on this link to restore the filters back to the default settings
- As Of - Choose between Today (all links are clickable), End of Last Month, End of Last Quarter, End of Last Year or Custom to enter a specific date range (or if you’ve changed your Fiscal Year End date, choose from the extra options)
- Group By - Choose between Client or Project
- Clients - Choose between All Clients, or a specific Client
- Project - Filter to a specific Project if needed
- Currency - Toggle between multiple currencies, only one currency can be viewed at a time
The Profitability Summary Report is similar to the Project Profitability graph in calculating the below:
- Unbilled - All unbilled Income, Time Entries and Expenses associated to the Project
- Billed - All billed Income (Draft, Sent, Viewed and Paid Invoices and Flat Rate Projects)
- Costs - Your Team Member’s costs (time tracked multiplied by Cost Rate) and Expense costs (billed, unbilled and non-billable Expenses, not including markup)
- Profit - Calculated as Billed - Cost
- Profit Margin - Calculated as ((Income - Cost) / Income) * 100%, displayed if the Billed column is filled out
- Client - Clicking on the Client takes you to their Client Profile
- Project Name - Clicking on the Project takes you to a filtered Profitability Details Report to see the breakdown of the costs by Services and Expenses
Clicking More Actions in the top right will give you the option to Export for Excel, or Print your Report.