When setting up a FreshBooks account, you can start afresh, or bring in existing data from any previous software like QuickBooks. If you're not a fan of manual entry, FreshBooks has your back with our tool that can import data into your account for you, saving you time!
Just put together a CSV file for each type of data with the required columns below first. Then send this from your admin email (that matches your account) with written permission for us to upload, to our awesome Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of data FreshBooks can import:
- First Name
- Last Name
- County/Province/State (full name for state/province preferred)
- Code (Zip or Postal)
- Default currency - as abbreviated code, i.e. USD. Defaults to account's base currency if not provided
You can now import Expenses yourself with the steps here.
- Item Name (must not already exist in account)
- Unit Cost
- Tax1 Name - i.e. 'GST' (must be existing)
- Tax2 Name - i.e. 'HST' (must be existing)
- Service Name - must not already exist (else this will update existing Service instead)
- Tax Name - i.e. 'HST'
- Percentage - i.e. '13' for a 13% tax
- Tax Number - Government-registered tax number