When setting up a FreshBooks account, you can start afresh, or bring in existing data from any previous software. If you're not a fan of manual entry, FreshBooks has your back with our tool that can import data into your account for you, saving you time!
Just put together a CSV file for each type of data with the required columns below, and send it to our awesome Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of data FreshBooks can import:
- First Name
- Last Name
- County/Province/State (full name for state/province preferred)
- Code (Zip or Postal)
- Default currency - as abbreviated code, i.e. USD. Defaults to account's base currency if not provided
- Category - defaults to 'Other Expenses' if none provided or does not match existing category.
- Currency - as abbreviated code, i.e. 'USD'. Defaults to account's base currency if not provided
- Tax1 Name i.e. 'HST'
- Tax1 Percent - i.e. enter '13' for 13% tax NOT '0.13'
- Tax1 Amount
- Tax2 Name i.e. 'HST'
- Tax2 Percent - i.e. enter '13' for 13% tax NOT '0.13'
- Tax2 Amount
- Client - Organization Name only (must already exist in account)
- Author - Last Name, First Name only (must already exist in account as Administrator or Employee)
- Item Name (must not already exist in account)
- Unit Cost
- Tax1 Name - i.e. 'GST' (must be existing)
- Tax2 Name - i.e. 'HST' (must be existing)
- Service Name - must not already exist (else this will update existing Service instead)
- Tax Name - i.e. 'HST'
- Percentage - i.e. '13' for a 13% tax
- Tax Number - Government-registered tax number